For all sewing machine newbies!
This one hour class is perfect for anyone who has a sewing machine and using it for the first time as it will give you the confidence to make your first project.
This online event will be broadcast via Zoom and you will need to register to book you place and receive the link access.
- The basic functions of the sewing machine
- What all the controls can do
- Winding a bobbin
- Pinning and sewing a seam
- Turning curves and corners
- Sewing a simple cushion cover.
Materials & Preparation Required:
- Sewing machine
- Bobbin (included with your sewing machine)
- Tape Measure
- A piece of fabric (preferably light to medium-weight cotton) measuring 43cm x 102cm).
- Scraps of fabric to practice on
Check the preparation information for the workshop on the event page as this will need to be done in advance