The Rural Coffee Caravan c-a-f-e (coffee-and-friends-events) network is an exciting new initiative helping to connect Suffolk community groups with organisations which can offer free support, advice, training & information, to help them flourish and become sustainable.
Though adapted during the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak , the c-a-f-e network still aims to provide a way for rural Suffolk community groups to feel supported and gain access to useful information. We have added an additional page: ‘Isolation Inspiration and Information’ to work as a resource bank for gathering and sharing reassuring, helpful and creative ideas for individuals and communities to manage, and make the best of, their situations over the coming weeks. (Please follow the link, or find the page in the menu above).
The c-a-f-e network offers groups access to useful resources such as:
- current information on things like neighbourhood safety, winter warmth initiatives and health & well-being
- free training courses for volunteers
- grant finding and funding for extra equipment, or development of community spaces.
We’re working with Suffolk Community Foundation, Community Action Suffolk, Suffolk Association of Local Councils and Healthwatch Suffolk to do this.
Groups can join the network in one of two ways:
- Your community can use c-a-f-e as an ‘umbrella’ to present a variety of different activities. This works well because it removes any ‘labels’ and is more inclusive. So, for example, ‘Great Byefield c-a-f-e’ could be holding a weekly ‘Coffee Morning’ for people living with dementia; planning an annual ‘Big Lunch’ and also holding monthly ‘Skills Swap Sessions’
- Alternatively existing groups will be able to retain their club or event name whilst being listed as a member of the c-a-f-e network.
We’ll map everyone on our website (*coming soon*) so that people can find their nearest c-a-f-e events, and we’ll provide a welcome pack containing useful information from each of the c-a-f-e partner organisations. We’ll also provide logos and templates to help you with promotion of your events, and a window sticker to display to show you’re part of the network.
Download, print and share the flyer: c-a-f-e flyer Feb 2020