The c-a-f-e network offers groups access to useful resources such as:
- current information on things like neighbourhood safety, winter warmth initiatives and health & well-being
- free training courses for volunteers
- grant finding and funding for extra equipment, or development of community spaces.
We’re working with Suffolk Community Foundation, Community Action Suffolk, Suffolk Association of Local Councils and Healthwatch Suffolk to do this.
Groups can join the network in one of two ways:
- Your community can use c-a-f-e as an ‘umbrella’ to present a variety of different activities. This works well because it removes any ‘labels’ and is more inclusive. So, for example, ‘Great Byefield c-a-f-e’ could be holding a weekly ‘Coffee Morning’ for people living with dementia; planning an annual ‘Big Lunch’ and also holding monthly ‘Skills Swap Sessions’
- Alternatively groups can join using their existing club or event name, whilst being listed as a member of the c-a-f-e network.
Members are added to our interactive map so that people can find their nearest c-a-f-e events, and will receive a welcome pack containing useful information from each of the c-a-f-e partner organisations. We’ll also provide logos and templates to help you with promotion of your events and a window sticker to display to show you’re part of the network.
Download, print and share the flyer: c-a-f-e flyer pdf