Do I need to avoid public transport, mass gatherings, festivals, concerts or places with crowds?
Today’s NHS website currently states:
“Most people can continue to go to work, school and other public places. You only need to stay away from public places (self-isolate) if advised to by the NHS 111 online coronavirus service or a medical professional.”
Continuing with your MeetUpMondays – follow common sense guidelines set out in the advice from the website sources offered below, with regards to cleaning of hands, surfaces and shared eating/drinking spaces.
- Promote hand hygiene by making sure that staff, contractors, service users and visitors have access to hand washing facilities and providing alcohol based hand rub in prominent places.
- Ensure any crockery and cutlery in shared kitchen areas is cleaned with warm general purpose detergent and dried thoroughly before being stored for re-use.
- Avoid leaving food stuffs exposed and open (e.g. crisps, cakes, open sandwiches) for communal sharing unless individually wrapped.
- Individuals should: Wash hands often with soap and water; or use alcohol based hand rub.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.